Skincare Products That Do What They Say
There are hundreds of products on the market that make a million promises, and lets be real, they don’t always do what they say they will do. Being the product junkie that I am, I have tried SO MANY products, and have compiled a list of items that actually do what they say.
The skin around our eyes is the most delicate skin on our faces. If the saying is true, that the eyes are the windows to your soul, I want the skin that frames my windows to be as youthful and awake looking as possible! These are some of my favorite eye products I’ve found that actually do what they promised:
- I use Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream for Eyes nightly for the hyaluronic acid that keeps the skin around my eyes hydrated. I saw fewer fine lines around my eyes after a week of consistent use.
- My favorite morning eye refresher is Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. Even after a late night, this morning moisture boost takes care of even my darkest circle days.
- Since I have been in my thirties, my skin has demanded a little extra care. I added the Fresh Black Tea Firming Eye Serum for its peptide power that brightens and tightens.
Your lips are possibly one of the first aspects of your face people notice about you, and is the vessel that communicates to the world who you are! As I get older, I have noticed that my once supple lips suddenly need a little extra TLC. These products have become must haves in my daily beauty bag:
- The Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask is a product I’ve learned I can’t live without. After 1 week of use, I had people asking if I got work done on my lips. My lips stay hydrated all day long, and a little product goes a long way. This is one of my favorite beauty finds of the year.
- No Mo-Stache is my go-to wax strip for keeping my upper lip fuzz free. It’s fast and easy to use anywhere without the mess of a lot of other at home wax kits!
- Throughout the day, I like to keep the moisture locked in with a rotation of Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, for those cold, dry winter months, and Glossier Balm Dotcom (coconut is my newest summer flavor obsession.)
- A good SPF, like Coola Sport Liplux SPF 30, is a must have in my bag, especially living in the Arizona sun. Making sure I am covered with a good SPF anytime of the year, is always on my priority list, and my lips are no exception.
Your face is the canvas for all of your other amazing features. So many products make so many promises in regard to what it will do for your face, and it can be overwhelming to figure out exactly what you might need. I have tried a ton of supposed face perfecting products, but I have narrowed down my must haves, that have done EXACTLY what they say here for you:
- When I was in my 20’s, I did not know the importance of exfoliation. Now that I am in my 30’s, I feel as though I have to make up for lost time. Kate Somerville ExfoliKate has become my favorite once a week exfoliator that feels like I am giving myself a spa facial at home, and the results I have seen on my skin tone were amazing enough that I had to go out and buy a bottle the second my sample was out.
- I have struggled with finding the perfect, gentle face wash for years! Most face washes left my skin either feeling tight and dry, or oily as though I could not wash all the product off: Enter Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed. My skin is left feeling clean, film-free, and perfectly moisturized.
- I have to admit that serums are fairly new to me, but I have tried quite a few over the past few years to figure out what all the fuss is about. It wasn’t until I decided to try Maelove The Glowmaker- Antioxidant Serum that I was truly convinced of the magic. A few drops on my face, neck, and chest and I feel like my skin looks smooth and glowing even on makeup free days.